Alberto Bacci’s team aims at gaining more detailed information on the properties of neocortical interneurons, using a combination of electrophysiological, cellular, biochemical and morphological techniques. The ultimate goal of his research is to understand the functional relevance of these different neuron subtypes within cortical circuits.
- Lourenço J, Pacioni S, Rebola N, van Woerden GM, Marinelli S, DiGregorio D, Bacci A (2014). Non-associative potentiation of perisomatic inhibition alters the temporal coding of neocortical layer 5 pyramidal neurons. PLoS Biology 12:e1001903.
- Deleuze C, Pazienti A, Bacci A (2014). Autaptic self-inhibition of cortical GABAergic neurons: synaptic narcissism or useful introspection? Curr. Opinion Neurobiol. 26C:64-71
- Méndez P, Pazienti A, Szabó G, Bacci A (2012). Direct alteration of a specific inhibitory circuit of the hippocampus by antidepressants. J Neurosci. 32:16616-28.
- Manseau F, Marinelli S, Méndez P, Schwaller B, Prince DA, Huguenard JR, Bacci A (2010). Desynchronization of neocortical networks by asynchronous release of GABA at autaptic and synaptic contacts from fast-spiking interneurons. PLoS Biol. 8:e1000492
- Marinelli S, Pacioni S, Cannich A, Marsicano G, Bacci A. Self-modulation of neocortical pyramidal neurons by endocannabinoids (2009). Nat Neurosci 12:1488-90.
- Bacci A, Huguenard JR. Enhancement of spike-timing precision by autaptic transmission in neocortical inhibitory interneurons (2006). Neuron 49:119-30.
- Bacci A, Huguenard JR, Prince DA. (2004). Long-lasting self-inhibition of neocortical interneurons mediated by endocannabinoids. Nature 431:312-316.