The team has a unique multi-scale, translational approach. The research includes in vivo recordings from both human epileptic patients as well as animal models of spontaneous seizures, from the cortex to the basal ganglia. The goal is to establish mechanistic links between single neuron properties and large-scale brain dynamics, and elucidate the different facets of the pathophysiology of focal to generalized epilepsies.
- Altwegg-Boussac T, Schramm AE, Ballestero J, Grosselin F, Chavez M, Lecas S, Baulac M, Naccache
L, Demeret S, Navarro V, Mahon S, Charpier S (2017) Cortical neurons and networks are dormantbut fully responsive during isoelectric brain state. Brain, (IF = 10.292)
- Lambrecq V, Lehongre K, Adam C, Frazzini V, Mathon B, Clemenceau S, Hasboun D, Charpier S, Baulac M, Navarro V, Le Van Quyen M (2017) Single-unit activities during the transition to seizures in deep mesial structures. Ann Neurol.;82(6):1022-1028 (IF = 10.2)
- M Williams, T Altwegg-Boussac, M Chavez, S Lecas, S Mahon and S Charpier (2016) Integrativeproperties and transfer function of cortical neurons initiating absence seizures in a rat genetic model. J Physiol. (London) 594: 6733-6751. (IF = 4.739)
This article was featured at the journal’s perspectives: Polack, P.O. (2016). J Physiol. (London)
- V Navarro, C Dagron, C Elie, L Lamhaut, S Demeret, S Urien, K An, F Bolgert, JM Tréluyer, M Baulac, P Carli (2016) Levetiracetam and clonazepam in status epilepticus: A prehospital doubleblind randomised trial. Lancet Neurology 15:47-55. (IF = 23.48)
- J Corlier, D Rimsky-Robert, M Valderrama, K Lehongre, C Adam, S Clémenceau, S Charpier, J Bastin, P Kahane, JP Lachaux, V Navarro, M Le Van Quyen (2016) Self-induced intracerebral gamma oscillations in the human cortex. Brain 139: 3084-3091. (IF = 10.292)