They focus their research on:
- The generality of conscious access, the relationships between brain-body interactions and states-of-consciousness, the exploration of stream of consciousness through the dynamics of conscious states. The team will design patterns of brain stimulation to improve conscious state of non-communicating patients, and implement a novel translational tool for real time and web based metrics of consciousness for clinical care.
- Cognitive functions and brain plasticity, investigating the cerebral mechanisms of word reading, as well as the novel functions of the visual cortex of congenitally blind individuals.
- Investigation of the precise dynamics of fronto-parietal networks that control visuospatial attention.
- Abboud, S., & Cohen, L. (in press). Distinctive interaction between cognitive networks and the visual cortex in early blind individuals. Cerebral Cortex (IF 6.5)
- Bouhali, F., Thiebaut de Schotten, M., Pinel, P., Poupon, C., Mangin, J.F., Dehaene, S., and Cohen, L.
(2014). Anatomical connections of the visual word form area. The Journal of Neuroscience 34, 15402-15414. (IF=5.9)
- Demertzi A*, Tagliazucchi E*, Dehaene S, Deco G, Barttfeld P, Raimondo F, Rohaut B, Schiff ND, Owen AM, Laureys S, Naccache L, Sitt JD. Human consciousness is supported by temporally evolving brain processes. Science Advances (2019)
- Lunven, M., Thiebaut De Schotten, M., Bourlon, C., Duret, C., Migliaccio, R., Rode, G., and Bartolomeo, P. (2015). White matter lesional predictors of chronic visual neglect: a longitudinal study. Brain 138, 746-760. (IF=10.1)
- Claire Sergent, Frédéric Faugeras, Benjamin Rohaut, Fabien Perrin, Mélanie Valente, Catherine Tallon-Baudry, Laurent Cohen, Lionel Naccache, Multidimensional cognitive evaluation of patients with disorders of consciousness using EEG: A proof of concept study. NeuroImage: Clinical, Volume 13,
2017, Pages 455-469, ISSN 2213-1582, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nicl.2016.12.004.